Friday, October 08, 2004

www.antimdp.com Anti-Maldivian Democratic Party

Ministry of Home Affairs said that the case files of key persons involved in the incidents of 12th and 13th August Would be forwarded to the Attorney General's Office very soon for prosecution.

TVM 05-10-2004

The Ministry of Home Affairs today said that the case files of key persons involved in the incidents of 12th and 13th August Would be forwarded to the Attorney General's Office very soon for prosecution by the State. The Home Ministry went on to note that the investigations of a lot of people detained in relations with the incidents were in their final stages.

The Press Release noted that the investigations were not based primarily on statements given by detainees, but also on witness evidence and other material information. They also noted that, given the nature of the incident and the number of persons involved, the speed of the investigations was not slow.

On the basis of information gathered so far, the Home Ministry Press Released states that the investigations pointed to a violation of the Section of the Penal Code of the Maldives on offences against the State. The Press Release also showed that planning of the offences had taken place both in the Maldives and abroad, and that evidence and information pointed to the involvement of some foreign elements in these activities.

The Press Release of the Ministry of Home Affairs pointed out that the suspects had incited people against the Government, and that they had also sought to enlist foreign support by providing false information about the Maldives. Further, it was noted that the planning of the activities began well ahead of 12th and 13th August. It also states that some candidates who contested the election for the People's Special Majlis appeared to have violated electoral laws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home